Date and time: Monday March 23, 2pm
This call purpose is for directors to ask questions of one another and hear what how others are solving problems.
Questions that will be discussed:
- Tuition if you are closed how are you handling this?
- What to do If a staff member does not feel comfortable working at this time?
- Are you paying staff for the added week?
- Are you reimbursing tuition for the week?
- When do you plan to make decisions for the coming weeks?
Creative ideas we have heard so far:
- Connecting with students- For closed centers ideas to connect with students include Zoom circle time, digital story times by teachers sent to class, private instagram accounts for fun lessons and read alouds
- Lower ratios in classrooms to help slow the spread of Coronavirus.
- Closing an hour early for more time to disinfect the center.
- Personal connections- Keep things personal. This matters at this time.
- Call families if you are closed check in and see if there are any immediate needs.
- Call families if you are Open to see who needs and does not need care at this time, to consider space for first responders/health care workers.
- Check in with staff- Have a zoom staff meeting to connect and answer any questions or concerns. Call them personally as well.